Saturday 26 November 2016

Fidel Castro dies at 90

Cuban revolutionary leader,Fidel Castro death was announced on Cuban state television in the early hours of Saturday.


   Castro stepped down as Cuba's president 10 years ago after suffering a severe gastrointestinal illness, and before his 90th birthday in August he told supporters he was going to die soon.

   He led a coup in 1959 to overthrow the regime of the US- backed former Cuban president Fulgencio Batista, and remained hostile to Washington throughout his life.
Castro’s enemies attempted to assassinate him an incredible 638 times. The various assassination attempts were straight from the pages of James Bond.

 These included an attempt to smuggle a jar of cold cream containing pills into his room, the exploding cigar, a fungal- infected scuba-diving suit and a mafia-style shooting.

  Some of these plots were depicted in a documentary entitled 638 Ways To Kill Castro.

  He once said in regard to the myriad failed attempts on his life: “If surviving assassination attempts were an Olympic event, I would win a gold medal.”
He is also known for leaving his bears and consider it an important thing to his country.

   He said:I’m not thinking of cutting my beard,
because I’m accustomed to my beard
and my beard means many things to my
country. When we fulfil our promise of
good government I will cut my beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment